Log file sync timeouts

From: Ron Boggs <rboggs_at_endian-networks.com>
Date: 13 Jan 2004 15:00:44 -0800

Statspack will tell me there were 'X' number of log file sync timeouts between snapshots....

  1. Is there any way to find out exactly when each timeout occurred? I'm trying to determine if there is correlation between these timeouts and spikes in app performance.
  2. After a timeout (1000ms in this case) what happens? It's obviously still waiting on the post back from the log writer process. Does it just switch context to another session and check again when active?

Thanks,
Ron Boggs
St. Louis Received on Tue Jan 13 2004 - 17:00:44 CST