Re: OEM 10g -- Daniel

From: Paul Dixon <root_at_127.0.0.1>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 10:50:03 +0000 (UTC)

"Daniel Morgan" <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:1073961529.136387_at_yasure...
> Domenic G. wrote:
>
> > Question for Daniel, since he's been using 10g.
> > Is it true the 10g version of OEM (4.0) is totally html-based, and
> > that they scrapped all the java? Does this mean all the packs (like
> > Change Management, etc.) work without java?
> >
> > Dom.
>
> Don't know. OEM is not part of what I am testing in 10g.
>
> Sorry ... but if I knew I probably couldn't tell you anyway. We can
> certainly hope so though. I'm getting imensely tired of the slow speed
> of Java.

Dominic,

can't add anything to Daniel's reply, however OEM is part of Apps Server 10g.

The software and documentation for Apps Server 10g is all publicly available via OTN, so if anybody has been involved in beta testing of the product I think they should be relatively free to comment on it by now [1].

Paul Dixon

[1] I don't have any knowledge of actual the terms of the non disclosure agreement between Oracle and beta testers. Received on Tue Jan 13 2004 - 04:50:03 CST