Re: Buffer cache statistics (ratios) and CBO SQL optimization?

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au.nospam>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 20:10:13 +1100

"Ed Stevens" <nospam_at_noway.nohow> wrote in message news:vla500ld8e6lqsuceh1026fvtanm8tqj0q_at_4ax.com...

> This is still a mystery to me. I post with a bogus e-mail and still
> get the junk. I have 3 email addresses -- one with my ISP, one with
> my employer, and one on my client's system. The one on my client's
> system gets more junk than the other two combined. It has been
> several years since I last knowingly exposed that address to the
> usenet and/or the web, and yet the spam continues to grow. I seem to
> get much more than my coworkers, so I don't think it was from an
> internal leak.

Have you ever sent e-mail to an organization with your work e-mail? If it was an organization, it's quite possible it's ended up in a spam list somewhere: spammers PAY for addresses, organizations exist for profit, 1+1=2.

The ones that claim they don't, are usually the worst. Or their LAN or e-mail administrator does it for them as a "side" activity... When was the last time you saw an e-mail admin or a LAN admin being audited? 'Nuff said...

Do you have your work e-mail as the id address in your browser for downloads? Guess what gets kept when you download ANYTHING?

Even if you have sent e-mail to a private person only and that person has been infected, then it's odds-on that e-mail is now in a spam list. Being sold by someone.

Ever replied to one of those on-line "vote" things? Guess what gets captured in them from your browser...

Have you ever subscribed to any of the on-line magazines/newsletters such as Java Developer's News, Java News, Database News (and so many others)? Guess whose e-mail gets sold to spammers? You didn't REALLY think those publications were free, did you?

All of the above have absolutely NOTHING to do with you using your REAL personal name (Ed Stevens) at the bottom of your posts regardless of whatever e-mail identity you chose. Unlike what was (erroneously) implied by Geo and PD.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto