bitmap or fbi?

From: Bricklen <Xbricklen_at_yahoo.comX>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 00:41:01 GMT

I was playing with a function-based index (on 9r2), trying to get it to mimic the performance of one of my bitmap indices.

fbi:
create index t_fbi_fidx on t_fbi(

        case when <some criteria> then pkid else null end);

then I tried this:
create BITMAP index t_fbi_bidx on t_fbi(

        case when <some criteria> then pkid else null end);

...and to my surprise it worked. Does this make it a bitmap, or an fbi? Did I miss something in the manuals?

Bricklen Received on Sat Jan 10 2004 - 18:41:01 CST