Re: Database Design

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 18:56:58 -0800

DJ wrote:

> for an Oracle course that is what id expect, is you course a 'degree' or
> something else out of curiosity?

Certification.

> In England at least anyway degree courses are mainly exam with 30-40%
> coursework, so you can easily do well but repeating facts parrott fashion.

 From my experience you'd not be able to do that in the states at any major universities with any kind of hard curriculum such as computer physics, math, or the sciences.

> Its a shame that we dont have ( i think) courses like yours for Oracle at
> Universities, they dont seem to exist as far as I can tell. Universities are
> primarily degreee driven places All we get here is the one week things from
> Oracle and other training companies

Anytime you can arrange an opportunity for me at Cambridge or Oxford my bags are packed. ;-)

If you are interested in seeing some of the demos I use for class I have begun posting them on the Puget Sound Oracle Users Group web site (http://www.psoug.org). Click on "Morgan's Library". It is very incomplete but I am adding to it on a regular basis.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu