Permissions on stored code

From: Winston Chalk <winston_at_chaseits.co.uk>
Date: 7 Jan 2004 08:25:15 -0800

Is it possible to grant privileges that allow users to view the stored code and triggers in another user's schema?

The case in point:

We have an Oracle 8i test database where developers are restricted and are not allowed to have DBA privileges.

The applications tables and stored code are stored in a schema called e.g. APPLICATION. The developers log in with their own user id e.g. DEVELOPER and can select from tables etc in the APPLICATION schema via public synonyms and grants.

I would like to allow the developers to have read only access to the stored code and triggers in the application schema. Please could you advise how to do this.

Thanks for your help,

Winston Chalk Received on Wed Jan 07 2004 - 10:25:15 CST