Re: why listener listen on port 9090?

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: 5 Jan 2004 04:02:18 -0800

Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote :

> > If i start instance before lsnrctl,everything is ok.
> >
> > If i start lsnrctl before instance,when i startup the instance ,the listener
> > will listen on port 9090,
> >
> > but this port is needed by another application,here is the listener
> > log(listener.ora and tnsnames.ora in the attachment):
> >
> > (I need to prevent the listener listening on port 9090 permanently,what can
> > i do? )
>
> Two thoughts.
>
> 1. Upgrade. 9.0.1 was a Beta. Get the production 9.2.0.4.
>
> 2. Let us look at your listener.ora.

One more to Daniel's list. Are you using MTS (multi thread server)? If so, the dispatcher(s) will be using different ports, e.g. (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=foo)(PORT=61686))

Finally, how do you know that the Oracle listener is indeed using TCP port 9090. How do you determine that? What proof do you have?

Not that I'm calling you a liar, but one needs to be absolutely sure that the problem is correctly identified before trying to fix it. :-)

The listener is not in the habit of using a port that you did not specify in the listener.ora configuation file.

--
Billy