Re: How to suppress the forms special message on run time (forms 6i)

From: Pizza Goldberg <pizzagoldberg_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2004 11:06:34 -0500

"David" <dt_146_at_yahoo.co.in> wrote in message news:d5840ebd.0401010046.5a51d80_at_posting.google.com...
> Hi,
>

> I am using forms 6i and got the following message on run time.
> How do I suppress this message on run time? I don&#8217;t know the
> message code of this message, may be it is the prompt or some other
> type of message.
>
> However I also used the system variable MESSAGE_LEVEL to suppress this
> message but it did not suppress.
>
> For Example:
> :SYSTEM.MESSAGE_LEVEL := '25';
>
> Please send the code to suppress this message.
>
> FORM MESSAGE:
>
> Oracle Forms 6.0
>
> Use the Windows Program Manager to execute operating system
> commands.
>

> Thanks
>
> David

My other answer was based on handling errors (That show as messages)...because I was think that is what you are really asking...but...

If it is a message in your code that you don't want to show, take it out or make it conditional.

If you are just looking to CLEAR the messages in the stack (not errors) after an event...call

clear_message;

and calling it twice in a row (back to back calls) in you trigger is best (and calling once may be the issue you are facing).

Best of luck,

Pizza Received on Fri Jan 02 2004 - 10:06:34 CST