Re: Buffer cache statistics (ratios) and CBO SQL optimization?

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au.nospam>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 21:37:20 +1100

"Connor McDonald" <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:3FF275DD.3F0_at_yahoo.com...

> Some figures from machines I've played with in the past
>
> Machine LIO/sec PIO/sec
> Home PC, 500Mhz 34,950 340
> HP, 266 Mhz 26,770 650
> HP, 650 Mhz 74,850 2780
> HP, 750 Mhz, 83,150 2840
> Compaq, 700Mhz 66,470 3380

The Compaq numbers are quite surprising. The LIO is lower than others of similar speed, but the PIO is much faster. I wonder: was that an Alpha?

With the exception of the home PC, the numbers seem to confirm JL's claim of 10K LIO/s for each 100MHz. They are certainly around those figures.

Do you recall what size was the PIO? I can pump small blocks from my new 80Gb drive higher than that 340, nowadays. Given ideal conditions, of course.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto