Re: Forms6i connection problem with DB 9.2.0.4, error-3106

From: KevJohnP <nospam_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 22:16:32 +1300

Hi Sean

IIRC for 100% official support with Forms6i & 9.2 database even with patchset 15 then there are some further platform specific (& server side) patches required as detailed here http://otn.oracle.com/products/forms/pdf/relnotef_p15_w.pdf

As Forms does have some bugs in this area, one other thing that is useful to try is to test access using the sqlplus from your developer 6i install. This would help highlight if it is a Forms bug/patch issue or generic sqlnet issue (note on Windows just run plus80).

If all else fails, then the RSF (Required Support Files) which is basically the 8.0 database libraries that ship with Forms6i can be patched. The Forms6i patchsets do include RSF upgrades, however the individual RSF upgrades themselves are often in advance of these.