Re: What's free in Oracle for Linux?

From: KevJohnP <nospam_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 21:49:02 +1300

Unpatched 9.2 (and previous versions) have installed fine for me on Linux a number of times and the majority of distro specific help sites out there that are all based on the standard OTN download without requirement for patches to be downloaded from MetaLink.

Production use is another matter, there you would need the patches but then as mentioned then you need to pay for and license the product.

It would be good if Oracle rolled-up the patches into the downloads, but when you contrast the fact that we can freely download compared to competitors we should be thankfull for what we have!