Re: What's free in Oracle for Linux?

From: DJ <nospamplease_at_goaway.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 22:46:13 -0000

"Ramon F Herrera" <ramon_at_conexus.net> wrote in message news:c9bc36ff.0312201422.67d51ecb_at_posting.google.com...
> I was leafing through an open source database book, where
> the author states that Oracle Corp. has made it's
> Oracle server "free" for Linux.
>
> I have never seen a straighforward explanation about
> this issue? Exactly what is free from Oracle to the
> Linux community?
>
> TIA,
>
> -Ramon F. Herrera

Oracle is free to download and use IF you are not using it for commerical purposes.

It is free to you to play with and learn, but if you start sticjing grannies recipes in there to store then you are on shaky ground.

It's free on all platforms and licensed based on trust.

A fantastic idea I think Received on Sat Dec 20 2003 - 16:46:13 CST