Using EXTPROC to then make a system call to EXP hangs the EXP

From: steve hayes <steve.hayes_at_baesystems.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 09:53:41 -0000

RDBMS Version: 8.1.7.4.12
Operating System and Version: Win 2000 SP4 Product (i.e. SQL*Loader, Import, etc.): extproc EXP RESOURCE MANAGER Product Version: Pentium 4 2GHz Windows system

Using EXTPROC to then make a system call to EXP hangs the EXP

We have set up a package to use extproc to call our own DLL (AXDBEVENTER.DLL). This is used to execute system commands.

We use it mainly to perform 'EXP user/pwd file=xyz.dmp tables=(a,b,c)', which is used to transmit data to another system.

We have a resource_manager plan set to system_plan, but this is used elsewhere.

This worked OK on 8.1.5, on NT4 sp6 machines, but on 8.1.7.4.12 and Win 2K it just hangs. Removing the resource manager plan seems to fix it.

Is this a Pentium 4 problem, or Active Directory ? or something else ? Received on Fri Dec 19 2003 - 03:53:41 CST