Re: Where is Oracle’s Grid ?

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 15:26:04 -0800

Joel Garry wrote:

> Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:<1071674766.40553_at_yasure>...
>

>>But that is exactly the point. OPS was version 1.0 and it just didn't
>>work well. RAC a big improvement with cache fusion but still with
>>limitations (many caused by the fact that Oracle's QA needs to learn
>>what those two letters stand for). But with this generation I am
>>impressed enough that I think almost everything I propose will be at
>>least a two-node grid.

> "No, you don't need a 64-way Superdome. You need _two_ 64-way Superdomes!"
>
> :-)
>
> jg
> --
> @home.com is bogus.
> http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/uniontrib/wed/business/news_1b17boeing.html

If you believe that you don't understand RAC because with RAC you don't need any Superdomes and that lesson is being dramatically driven home right now by Amazon.com which has blown out all but one or two of the big machines.

RAC properly implemented means not having to purchase expensive hardware.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
(replace 'x' with a 'u' to reply)