9.2 Authentication problem

From: Volker Zink <Volker.Zink_at_porabo.ch>
Date: 16 Dec 2003 02:43:22 -0800

Hello,

i have a problem with authentication. I installed Oracle 9.2 on a server and configured sqlnet.ora with SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES = (NTS). The same was done in the sqlnet.ora at the client. When trying to connect it fails with ORA-12637 (no packets received). If i change sqlnet.ora at the client to SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES = NONE, then it works. [The client runs on a Citrix Metaframe]

In the case both habe NTS an oracle ping works fine, so the listener gets the connect. Thats the reason why i assume that the Windows authentication (w2k) fails. I found no documentation about which Windows-Calls Oracle is using in this case, or how to verify that Windows authentication is working correct or not.

Can someone tell me whats the problem or can give me a hint, where to look?

Regards

Volker Received on Tue Dec 16 2003 - 04:43:22 CST