Re: Multi-Master Replication over an air-gap

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 10:09:41 -0000

I must be missing something here. If the 'security restrictions' mean that you cannot connect the two databases via an appropriate dblink then surely they prevent you just walking out of the server room with the data on disk. Surely there is something wrong with a business requirement that says these two databases must be synchronized and *at the same time* these two databases cannot be allowed to communicate. This is the issue I would address not exp/imp dumping to flat files and using sql*loader, going through an intermediary (pc with 2 connections) or whatever other technical workarounds to the base problem one might think of.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA