Re: Index vs. table scans in statspack reports

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 06:46:35 -0800

Howard J. Rogers wrote:

> "Mark Townsend" <markbtownsend_at_attbi.com> wrote in message
>

>>>The real issue is why
>>>such an error is allowed to reside un-corrected on the OTN website in

> the
>
>>>first place. It's Oracle that needs shooting in this case, not Rich.
>>

>>By all means continue to point these types of problems out. I will try
>>to make sure they are corrected at source. I don't, however, read every
>>thread, so you are more than welcome to send me a direct email on such
>>subjects.

> I wasn't having a go at you, Mark.
>
> A more generic point, perhaps: if these sorts of articles could have a
> 'feedback' link, then these articles would tend to get self-corrected,
> without some eagle-eyed Oracle staffer having to spot it in the first place.
>
> Regards
> HJR
I'll stand in line with Howard on this one. Every piece of on-line documentation shoul have a link that asks readers to rate its content and provide feedback on inaccuracies. Oracle Corp. should not be relying on you, or any other single person, to act as ad hoc editor.

But, until that happens, I will do my best to get you pointers to problems when I find them.

Thanks for be willing to help.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu