Re: How to differentiate whether the rbs is public or private?

From: Alkos <azerty_at_nospam.org>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 11:51:38 +0100

"Jeffrey Yee" <jeffyee_at_hotmail.com> a écrit dans le message news: ec4cec95.0311270235.7b53971b_at_posting.google.com...
> Hi,
>
> From the dba_rollback_segs, I can't seem to be able to tell if those
> created rollback segments are public or private.Is there any way I
> can find this information elsewhere? Can I get the optimum value
> specified too?
>
> Please advice. Thank you in advance.
>
> Best Regards,
> Jeffrey Yee

If a rbs has been created PUBLIC, its owner is PUBLIC You can see the OPTIMAL value you specified in creation's sql in v$rollstat (OPTSIZE) By default, rbs are created private, you render them public by "publishing" them to an instance
in the init file by listing rbs in the rollback_segments parameter.

hth,
Alkos Received on Thu Nov 27 2003 - 04:51:38 CST