Re: dbca Error On Linux

From: Glen A Stromquist <glen_stromquist_at_no.spam.yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 17:04:52 GMT

Buck Turgidson wrote:

> After creating a database on Linux, I get to the very end where I enter the
> SYS and SYSTEM password. After that, it just hangs, and I can't start the
> database.
>
> I have made all the required kernel changes (SHMMAX, etc).
>
> Does this thing create a log? I have looked in
> $ORACLE_HOME/assistants/dbca/logs, but it is empty. If I could find a log,
> I could probably figure out the problem.

Some advice:

Just let dbca create the scripts, then read them thoroughly and fine tune / edit if need be. The run them one at a time, or better yet statement by statement from sqlplus, this way you see exactly whats happening and if it craters you know where and can correct the problem.

my .02

cheers! Received on Wed Nov 26 2003 - 11:04:52 CST