Oracle Exceptions: Remote DB

From: Kid A <paulkist_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 25 Nov 2003 07:30:52 -0800

Hello everyone,

I am setting up an exception handling framework for my stored procedures. It seems as if there are thousands of possibilities of errors that can occurr, how do you know which ones to go with.

For example: I am making calls via DB link, and I am sure there are 100 or so errors related to connection failures, authentication, etc. Do I have to catch each error related to a remote call in order to handle them, or is there way to group a bunch of exceptions together in one handler, in order to handle all the remote connection problems in ONE place in the code.

Does this question make sense? I'd be interested to learn from your experience with handling exceptions in PL/SQL.

Thanks

-PK Received on Tue Nov 25 2003 - 09:30:52 CST