Re: Oracle Exceptions: Remote DB

From: mcstock <mcstockspamplug_at_spamdamenquery.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 10:45:01 -0500

look into the WHEN OTHERS exception handler clause

you can call a common procedure, passing the SQLCODE value to your routine

also, sounds like you may be aware of this already, any unhandled exception gets propagated to the calling procedure -- so if you pass SQLCODE to your common procedure, it can then raise an appropriate exception (typically with RAISE_APPLICATION_ERROR) which would replace the one caught within the calling procedure, and pass it up the stack

--mcs