Re: dbca ORACLE_BASE 9i and NT

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 19:33:25 -0000

"The Electric Frog" <Bouncedave2702_at_ameritech.net> wrote in message news:bpqequ$1rbia4$1_at_ID-99427.news.uni-berlin.de...

> Does anyone know how to "persuade" dbca under 9201 on an NT box to put
it's
> datafiles in a different place than under ORACLE_BASE, I have a huge E: &
G:
> drive yet I can't get dbca to want to put it's datafiles anywhere other
> than under ORACLE_BASE
>
> For the record, I've tried changing them in dba itsself but it the
> ORACLE_BASE screen seems to be read-only, and set'ing it prior to invoking
> dbca from the command prompt has little effect either, I even modified the
> dbca script to include -DORACLE_BASE=E:\Oracle to no avail

Hi the file location variables screen (I think this is what you refer to as the ORACLE_BASE screen) allows you to create your own new variables (in the white boxes beneath the grey ones). you can then use these variables for file locations - in the dbca enclose in { } way.

HTH

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA