Re: tranfer or copy a database from a book/website to Oracle 9i Personal edition

From: Tyler Smith Watu <watuni2000_at_yahoo.co.nz>
Date: 20 Nov 2003 12:21:22 -0800

imelyi2_at_yahoo.com (Emily) wrote in message news:<9a8aac4a.0311200506.457b0fbc_at_posting.google.com>...
> Hello Oracle Experts:
>
> I wanted to practice my sql and pl/sql oracle 9i personal edition and
> I bought a book published by phptr. The book tells me that I need to
> download the their databse file and copy/transfer to my machine's
> database server, then i can use books example and practice test etc..
>
> Gees, I wonder how to copy to my oracle database so that i can access
> that databse to my oracle 9i server's persional edition sql commands?
> Please guide me?
>
> I also wonder how do I know my oracle 9i database has installed all
> necessary database from the oracle website (using disk1, disk2 disk3)
> since it seems now that I can access the database scott/tiger and
> connect that databse as sysdba or sysadmin.
>
> Peace!
> Thank you

I assume you are working on a windows envioronment. There is normally a prompt for the disks as you do the install. Just from what you said you seemed to have installed fine.

May be your book has scripts which you will download,unzip to get sql statements which will create the objects you need in your database as needed by the book
HTH TY Received on Thu Nov 20 2003 - 14:21:22 CST