tranfer or copy a database from a book/website to Oracle 9i Personal edition

From: Emily <imelyi2_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 20 Nov 2003 05:06:07 -0800

Hello Oracle Experts:

I wanted to practice my sql and pl/sql oracle 9i personal edition and I bought a book published by phptr. The book tells me that I need to download the their databse file and copy/transfer to my machine's database server, then i can use books example and practice test etc..

Gees, I wonder how to copy to my oracle database so that i can access that databse to my oracle 9i server's persional edition sql commands? Please guide me?

I also wonder how do I know my oracle 9i database has installed all necessary database from the oracle website (using disk1, disk2 disk3) since it seems now that I can access the database scott/tiger and connect that databse as sysdba or sysadmin.

Peace!
Thank you Received on Thu Nov 20 2003 - 07:06:07 CST