Synchronizing 2 tables in same database -how ?

From: Christian Svensson <chse30_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 19 Nov 2003 06:44:02 -0800

Greetings all,

We have 2 tables in the same database that we want to synchronize. After looking at Oracle Replication as a possible method, it seems that Oracle Replication can only be used when replicating objects between databases.

Am I correct ?

The table are rather large, ~60Gb, so exp/imp as another name is not an option.

So I hope there are Oracle guys out there who can give me some hints or recommendations of what the best way to synchronize 2 tables within the same database.

Oracle 8.1.7.4
Sun Solaris 2.6 (yes I know its old)

Thanks !

/Christian Received on Wed Nov 19 2003 - 08:44:02 CST