Re: Qualitative method for performance effect of Oracle triggers

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au.nospam>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 20:25:51 +1100

You got 10 hours. That's 36000 seconds. You need 100K records. That's roughly
3 records per second. Unless you intend to:

1- run the Britannica's full indexing in your triggers, or
2- run it on a steam-driven computer,

I wouldn't worry too much about the relative impact of triggers and any lengthy analysis.

Like I said: Unless.

PS: There is no such thing as a formula that will give you an analysis of impact of something you haven't defined to start with...

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto