Database Creation

From: Olivier <odirosso_at_kcc.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 17:41:06 +1030

It is now a full week that I am trying to install and create a database without any success.

I believe I have read all there was to read on the web and news group about oracle problems but I think I am missing something.

Yes I use a Pentium 4 with windows 2000 and need to install Oracle 8i v8.1.7 from a CD.

How do we clean the PC of all unsuccessful install?

How do we get rid of the JAVA bug?

How do we create a successful database?

Every time I try to create this database I end up with the error

ORA-12631 Username retrieval failed

This is what I have done:

To enable tracing at the server, find the sqlnet.ora file for the server and add the following lines:

TRACE_LEVEL_SERVER = 16 TRACE_UNIQUE_SERVER = ON To enable tracing at the client, find the sqlnet.ora file for the client and add the following lines:

TRACE_LEVEL_CLIENT = 16 TRACE_UNIQUE_CLIENT = ON To enable tracing at the listener, find the listener.ora file and add the following line:

TRACE_LEVEL_listener_name = 16

Reproduce the problem, so that you generate traces on the client and server. Now analyze the traces generated.

I have modified these files and reproduced the problem but how do we analyse the traces generated and what do we do about it.

Thank You so much.

Olivier Received on Mon Nov 10 2003 - 01:11:06 CST