Re: Episode 2: the EntMgr Green Light!!

From: Domenic G. <domenicg_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 7 Nov 2003 15:31:18 -0800

> Well, Dom: you only have yourself to blame for the last one. Indexes
> shouldn't need rebuilding at the best of time (yawn, yawn)!

Says who? Sequenced-based indexes get lopsided fairly quickly if they're not reverse key, and indexes should be rebuilt when a high percentage of the rows in the leaves have been deleted.

Documented procedures are for monkeys who don't know what they're doing. Not for experienced DBAs who do. They're meant for the backups when I'm on vacation. The documented procedures don't tell me what to do when I notice a lock mode of 4 on a table. Received on Fri Nov 07 2003 - 17:31:18 CST