Re: exec STATSPACK.SNAP renders ORA-03113

From: Rick Denoire <100.17706_at_germanynet.de>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 01:37:51 +0100

"Howard J. Rogers" <hjr_at_dizwell.com> wrote:

>But is there enough space in the statspack tables?? Do they have maxextents
>set, for example? And does the perfstat user have a quota on TOOLS?

The perfstat user has quota unlimited on TOOLS. TOOLS has autoextend on. As for the tables, they were setup by the package. I can't believe that the storage parameters set for the tables are so poor that such difficulties appear after a couple of days of sampling activity.

>I honestly haven't encountered this problem, so I don't know precisely what
>the issue, but space (ie, MAXEXTENTS or quota issues) was my first thought.

Since the schema was completely removed and recreated the space was released, but snapshot creation still fails.

>My second thought was that the 8.1.7.3 and .4 patchsets have been out a
>while now, so why not patch your database upwards with those? Eliminates one
>possible source of the error.

I will check space issues. But I admit I feel a little helpless.

I am not so optimistic about the effect of blindly applying patchesets of patches of any kind without a positive evidence that it will fix the problem.

Thanks
Rick Denoire Received on Wed Nov 05 2003 - 18:37:51 CST