Oracle server Upgrade from 9.0 to 9.2 on Windows 2003

From: Wade Chy <wchy65_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 5 Nov 2003 12:01:37 -0800

Hi All,
I am trying to upgrade an Oracle server running 9.0 on Win 2003. I do not want to keep 2 Oracle Homes for 9.0 and 9.2. I would rather uninstall 9.0 using oui. I will import the data from production database from export files. What will be my best (easy, hassle free) course of action:

  1. Shutdown the current 9.0 instance
  2. Drop the current 9.0 db
  3. Uninstall the current 9.0 executibls using oui
  4. Install the 9.2 executibles
  5. Create new db instance
  6. Import the data from export files

Is this a good idea? Or should I have 2 Oracle Homes by installing 9.2 and upgrade the 9.0 db using dbua? Only problem is I cant find the dbua in the current 9.0 setup. Your advice / experience / feedback will really appreciated. Thanx in advance. Received on Wed Nov 05 2003 - 14:01:37 CST