Re: hp vs sun for oracle

From: <alcesteatxmissiondot_at_com.or.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 09:43:22 +0000 (UTC)

I've never had a problem with Sun hardware, but most of what I was buying was the mid-range stuff: 450s, 4500s, 280s. I don't know what their big-iron is like nowadays...seen a 6800 but never got a chance to play with it. Reliability for those boxes was pretty solid.

I was never as big a fan of HPUX because they were slower to adopt some basic things that had been standard on Linux and Sun...but they seem to have come around. They still do some annoying things like charging big bucks for media, but that's probably not a big deal for you.

Personally, I think either is a good choice...

Jer Received on Tue Nov 04 2003 - 03:43:22 CST