Import hangs

From: Walt <walt_at_boatnerd.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 17:15:34 -0500

I've just installed Oracle 9.2 on a W2k machine. I'm playing around with importing data from a full export of a 8.1.6 / Win NT instance.

Import hangs in various situations - is this normal? It doesn't do it all the time, but it does it aften enough to cause concern. When it hangs, you can't create any new connections, although sometimes currently connected users can still access data. The only way to get it back is to restart the database.

I wish I could provide more specific details, but the onset seems to be random at this point.

I understand that import will throw errors (I can catch them in the logfile and puzzle out what the problem is), but this behavior is frustrating in that there's no error code or anything to go on.

Have other users experineced this?

--

//-Walt
//