Re: Comparing Date - Problem

From: Alan <alan_at_erols.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 15:15:44 -0500

Many developers do not understand how Oracle deals with dates, so, rather than admit they don't know something and ask for help, they work around it by using VARCHAR2 and NUMBER datatypes. All they succeed in doing is making a huge mess of things and problems for anyone down the road who needs to query or sort based on the date.

This is one reason why the DBA should be (but often isn't) included in a project from inception.