Lots of dbsnmp and jre processes, memory hug

From: Rick Denoire <100.17706_at_germanynet.de>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 22:39:00 +0100

RedHat Advanced Server 2.1 / Dell PE2650 (2 CPUs, Intel Xeons), Oracle 9.2.0.4

I have been trying to set up the Intelligent Agent and the Oracle Management Server (OMS) in order to use the Enterprise Manager and lots of utilities in the Diagnostic Pack.

Thanks to Oracle Support, now I can connect to the OMS using the OEM (in Servers with more than one network connection, it won't work out of the box).

But after starting the agent (which is the data gatherer too), more than one dozen of dbsnmp processes start. And if the OMS is startet, a couple of dozens of jre processes appear. These jre processes consume about 1.5 GB of RAM (!) no matter if there is a connection from the OEM or not.

Two days after connecting to the OMS (the OEM kept open and connected all the time), all four instances running on the server got stuck. No connection possible, nothing. My first suspicion was right and I just closed the OEM, all instances came back to life immediately.

This seems to be strange, but what is really weird, is the kind of messages that I found in the alert logs. I can't even recall them (not in office now) and I think that I will have to open a TAR again.

Has anyone here had similar experiences running OMS/OEM? Are these Linux specific problems?

Bye
Rick Denoire Received on Wed Oct 29 2003 - 15:39:00 CST