Re: RAIS THE RATES!!!!!!

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 15:57:04 -0700

Robert C wrote:

>>1. Get your Oracle skills up to the point that you know as much as those
>>you complain about.
>>

>My opinion:
>That's a myth...a misconception....same as the one "Insufficient human
>resource in tech field".....
>....a WHOLE lot of bad ones out there.
>their competitiveness is in the "economy of scale". The FACT is that they
>are IN GENERAL, cheaper...
>

>>I would expect most of those here on
>>H1B Visas can answer but where I suspect the average US developer would be
>>

>clueless.
>

>>The point is that Americans no longer seem to value education.
>>

>I can only guess you don't have much experience working with the imported
>laborers.

Any time you think that is a myth come to my classes at the University of Washington and
perform an informal poll of the nationality, and likely the country of citizenship of my students.
Then take those numbers and compare them to the demographic for my region.

And I've talked to instructors around the country. My experience is not unique.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu