Re: RAIS THE RATES!!!!!!

From: Robert C <rchin_at_panix.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 16:40:21 -0400

Oh...absolutely no need to mention YOUR class.....I totally agree with you....it's almost UNIVERSAL in this country that it's like that...
absolute majority of students are immigrants...anywhere no matter... LA, Montana, NY,.. heck even Wyoming maybe....

But IF this is how you use to support your argument.:

>where I suspect the average US developer would be clueless. The point is
>that Americans no longer seem to value education.

I can not agree...
You see, this is how they see that this is the path to take to not only make the "American Dream", but to survive...
the other options involve the "traditional" menial work. Most immigrants, especially the ones from Asia, former Easter Bloc, are not like immigrants of past
they're better educated than the forebearers. They don't see themselves doing the low-wage,
backbreaking menial work, they want it better. Each ethnical group has it's own community and this (get into computer & make lots $$$ & poor English no problem....) is what has been "preached" since the heady days of the 90's amongst themselves and to a BIG extent, by the training shops. I know i was one of those....

This phenomenon, this disparity, to me, does not equate to your statement "that Americans no longer seem to value education." It only proves to me, that immigrants are a LOT more hell-bent on getting into this business...

"Daniel Morgan"