Re: Disable All constraints from application

From: Jack Wang <nospam_at_nospam.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 20:45:39 GMT

Regardless of the correct order, you won't be able to 'truncate' the parent table that is reference by a foreign key.

"Daniel Morgan" <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:1066853962.405586_at_yasure... Davide Gurgone wrote:

Updating the data dictionary directly is a terrible terrible idea. You wouldn't hex edit the file allocation table on a windows system to delete

file would you?

No I only whant to zero my database, having only void table.

What can I do this???

To empty all tables TRUNCATE them. If you do it in the correct order ... fact tables then dimension tables the constraints will have no effect. This will have the additional benefit of resetting the high-water mark.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
(replace 'x' with a 'u' to reply)