Re: Newbie issue!

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 20:20:17 +1000

Yousaf wrote:

> DJ wrote:
>

>> ok simple question, did you actually create a database to start with? I
>> am guessing not as you dont seem to have a clue
>>
>> load up dbca and let it create one for you

> I followed instructions on this page:
> http://linux.oreillynet.com/lpt/a/4141
>
> During the installation, the installer prompted me to input the global
> database name which I entered as ORWELL, is that creating a database or do
> I need to create a new one?
>
> How do I load up dbca?
>
> Regards

Did you actually read the paper I pointed you to already?

Answers are contained therein on both these questions.

ORWELL is not a sufficient global database name for the long-term.

Regards
HJR

See my brand new website, soon to be full of
new articles: www.dizwell.com.
Nothing much there yet, but give it time!!