Re: Errors durring upgrade

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 21:19:57 GMT

Some things you might want to check....

  1. Make sure your environment is set up correctly. Pay particular attention to your PATH variable. You'll need to make sure it is set up according to your docs so that the right 'make' utility is called.
  2. Make sure you have enough swap space set up.
  3. You didn't specify your platform. Make sure that you have the right patchset for your platform and the this version is certified for your platform.

There could be other problems too so you might want to file a TAR with Support.

HTH,
Brian

Mike Moore wrote:

> I'm getting the following errors when applying the 9203 patch to a new
> 9201 software install (no database created yet). The errors pop up in
> the OUI, but I'm pasting them in from the log file.
>
> Also, since I'm just setting this up in Test, I rebooted the box
> thinking I might be having memory problems. I get the same errors.
>
> My questions are: Should I be concerned? How do I fix it? How do I
> keep it from happening when I set up the production side.
>
> Thanks,
> Mike
>
> -------------------------
> FROM THE LOG FILE:
> -------------------------
> Calling action unixActions2.2.0.6.0 make
> installMakePath = /bin/make
> installMakeFileName = /u12/RmanHome/rdbms/lib/ins_rdbms.mk
> installTarget = install
> undoMakeFileName =
> installArguments = ORACLE_HOME=/u12/RmanHome,
> logFile = /u12/RmanHome/install/make.log
> undoTarget =
>
> Exception thrown from action: make
> Exception Name: MakefileException
> Exception String: Error in invoking target install of makefile
> /u12/RmanHome/rdbms/lib/ins_rdbms.mk
> Exception Severity: 1

> Calling action unixActions2.2.0.6.0 make
> installMakePath = /usr/ccs/bin/make
> installMakeFileName = /u12/RmanHome/rdbms/lib/ins_rdbms.mk
> installTarget = ioracle
> undoMakeFileName =
> installArguments = ORACLE_HOME=/u12/RmanHome,
> logFile = /u12/RmanHome/install/make.log
> undoTarget =
>
> Exception thrown from action: make
> Exception Name: MakefileException
> Exception String: Error in invoking target ioracle of makefile
> /u12/RmanHome/rdbms/lib/ins_rdbms.mk
> Exception Severity: 1

Brian Peasland
dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com