Re: interconnect stress test

From: gdb_dsr <ge_2000_2001_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 19 Oct 2003 02:25:41 -0700

Jonathan,
My interconnect capacity is 2Gbits/sec. and want to see the traffic at about 2Gbits/sec. between 2 rac instances (one instance per node of course).
I have 10(user) sessions on first instance running oci loop (these clients
dont take much cpu time) udating 10 table/user of 250k rows and select count(*) of all tables from another instance, this doesnt generate much interconnect traffic. I found that dedicated processes not responding
very quickly. I tried with different number of clients - no difference.
Right now I just only care about interconnect traffic. btw. what does your pl/sql loop do, select/update/insert/delete. wonder if that performance problem is because of interconnect or some other
reason like CPU reached its saturation.