Re: interconnect stress test

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 20:42:17 +0100

I've lost the reply to this,

But it addressed exactly the question I was raising - do you want to stress the interconnect, or do you want to stress the RAC cross-instance communication. It is (relatively) easy to do the latter, but might be quite hard to make RAC work hard enough to achieve the former unless you have lots of CPUs.

In my case, I had a load of CPUs, and made sure that I had lots of update collisions on different rows in a small number of blocks - 32 CPUs per instance, 32 blocks bouncing.

Although I had lots of traffic, the seemed to be the inability of the GCS processes to run fast enough, rather than the interconnect being overloaded.

--
Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

  The educated person is not the person
  who can answer the questions, but the
  person who can question the answers -- T. Schick Jr

One-day tutorials:
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/tutorial.html

____Belgium__November (EOUG event - "Troubleshooting")
____UK_______December (UKOUG conference - "CBO")