Re: How to get session parameters other users?

From: Yong Huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 18 Oct 2003 13:01:07 -0700

Turkbear <john.g_at_dot.spamfree.com> wrote in message news:<07ttov4jnlb5qa4m87vm9e8rk6dns7iesp_at_4ax.com>...
> yong321_at_yahoo.com (Yong Huang) wrote:
>
> >Slawas <SlawasC_at_netscape.net> wrote in message news:<3F8D400A.2060303_at_netscape.net>...
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Oracle 9.2.0.4 EE
> >> Do you konow, how to get session parameters other oracle users (other
> >> runing sessions)?
> >>
> >> thanks
> >
> >Hi, Slawas,
> >
> >Probably the only way is to connect as sysdba, oradebug dump
> >global_area [level], where [level], according to Jonathan Lewis, is
> >
> >For heap and memory dumps the typical values are:
> > 1 PGA
> > 2 SGA
> > 4 UGA
> > 8 CGA (C for call)
> >
> > 16 and 32 also have an effect in 9i, IIRC 32 relates
> > to the large pool but I can't remember what 16 did.
> >
> >The hard part is to read the dump file in the udump directory.
> >Depending on what parameter you want to find its session value of, you
> >can experiment by setting your own session's parameter to a known
> >value, dump, and find the number in the trace file.
> >
> >Yong Huang
>
> The Enterprise Manager can show much, if not all, of that info ( the session parameters, etc) in a nice GUI.

Hi, Turkbear,

I wonder if you're just looking at session statistics as in v$sesstat, such as "sorts (disk)", "sorts (memory)" etc., instead of session parameters, such as sort_area_size, db_file_multiblock_read_count, which can be changed by ALTER SESSION SET... command.

Yong Huang Received on Sat Oct 18 2003 - 15:01:07 CDT