Re: Oracle9iAS Infrastructure Install Error

From: <news_at_la.sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 19:46:55 GMT

"Anna C. Dent" <anacdent_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eIekb.77669$Ms2.62879_at_fed1read03...
> news_at_la.sbcglobal.net wrote:
>
> > "Anna C. Dent" <anacdent_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > Directory, it

> >>You post leaves a lot to be desired.
> >>9iAS R1 or R2? There is a world of difference between the two.
> >>EXACT copies of actual error messages are most helpful.
> >>It? It? It? Is less than informative.
> >>OID is comprised of several components.
> >>Of of these components is an oracle database.
> >>Is the DB up & running with a function Oracle "tns" listener?
> >>Typically there is an OID "control" process to which clients may
> >>"connect" to it. Is this up & functioning OK?
> >> From above "Parameter "oidport" = 389" at least on Unix
> >>any port below 1023 is a "system" port and the process running
> >>against these ports must be owned by root.
> >>

> > The release is 9.0.2 and what is listed was the EXACT installation log.
> > chose the default installation for the infrastructure, as listed above
the
> > first error came in the "Internet Directory Configuration Assistant"
step of
> > the installation. The install is running with full admin privs. The
> > database and TNS are up and running. There is a system service created
and
> > started for the OID, but no I don't seem to be able to connect to it
with
> > ldapbind (cannot connect to ldap server). What else can I try to try
> > determine exactly what is not working or why it cannot connect?
>
> On Metalink check out Note:155790.1
> Subject: Troubleshooting Start / Stop of Oracle Internet Directory

I wish I could, my company moved its plant out of Calif. so now I anm unemployed and don't have access to Metalink anymore. I have worked with Oracle since version 4 but we were stuck on version 7, now I am trying to get familar with the latest Oracle versions on my own. I really appreciate any help you can give me.
Thanks. Received on Sat Oct 18 2003 - 14:46:55 CDT