Re: Replication by materialized view

From: <76434.1353_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 00:52:36 GMT

Thanks for your response Frank

What is the reason that two diffrent commands have exactly the same functionality (history?)

Yes I had question in the 2nd paragraph. The 6 databases (all 8i) from each them I want to replicate 1 table to a central database (by materialized view). I want to implement this central DB with 9i. Are there issues to be aware of by using 8i as source and 9i as target DB and making use of the materialized view or is it better to have 8i as source and target? I like to move forward so for me is installing the central database with 9i a nice opportunity (not implemented yet)