Re: 8i and 9i on same box

From: Tom <tomNOSPAM_at_teameazyriders.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 17:50:58 +0100

> Just keep in mind the environment variables set in the various .profiles
> can only point to a single location.
> Take care to keep them straight.

thanks for the input all - I have installed both and they run fine - I have managed to create instances on both versions.

My only query revolves around my profiles as Daniel points out.

At the moment i have 2 seperate .profiles and actually just symlink between the two so i can decide which one to use when i log in. Is there a better way to do it than this? Seems a bit messy to me but so far the only way i can get it to work correctly.

thanks

Tom Received on Fri Oct 10 2003 - 11:50:58 CDT