Replication by materialized view

From: ITAPORT06 <mokat67_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2003 00:30:50 +0200

I have to replicated (read-only) a single table from 6 different databases to one central target database. I understand that making use of the materialized view is the easiest method. I assume that there is no difference between making use of the snaphot or materialized view commands. Is this true?

The source databases are running on WINNT 8i rel 8.1.7.4 For the target I can choose: Implement 8i or going to 9i For me is the benefit to get some experience with 9i but are there also complications for the materialized replication because of using the 9i against the 8i   Received on Wed Oct 08 2003 - 17:30:50 CDT