REF Cursor returned across db link?

From: Matthew Houseman <mhousema_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 8 Oct 2003 15:25:21 -0700

All,

I've created a synonym that points to a package over a database link like so:
CREATE SYNONYM API_MYLINK FOR USER.CSAPI_V2_at_INSTANCE.DOMAIN.COM I've granted execute like so:
grant execute on CSAPI_V2 to scott;

When I attach to the database in C# using ODP.NET and attempt to dispatch a stored procedure using the synonym like so: API_MYLINK.Create_Invoice

Also, there are two parameters to the Create_Invoice stored procedure:

  1. is an input parameter of type number 2) is an output parameter of type ref cursor.

I get the following exception raised:
Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleException ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1

Is it possible to return a REF CURSOR over a DB LINK and if so, can someone provide a code snippet demonstrating the dispatch of a stored procedure over a
database link that returns a REF CURSOR.

Thanks,
Matt Houseman Received on Wed Oct 08 2003 - 17:25:21 CDT