Re: are hints still necessary in 9i?

From: Ryan <rgaffuri_at_cox.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 17:34:58 -0400

you mentioned a design that will cripple the CBO. The one I know that is common amongst cross platform applications is using layered complex views going up 5-7 layers or more. Ive tested this and find the RBO to be faster. Most of the vendors tell you to use the RBO against that design. I think they choose it so they dont have to change their application layer when they move from one DB to the next. They just change the view syntax.

what other designs cripple the CBO?