Re: Creating table with BLOB

From: Moritz Klein <mklein_at_students.uni-mainz.de>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 22:21:11 +0200

Andy Hassall wrote:

> Since it's the tablespace that is the differing factor here, it
> would help if you posted details of the two tablespaces.

Sorry did not think of that point and yes they are differing.

> There is a restriction in 9.0 that you can't create tables with LOBs
> in auto segment space managed tablespaces. Perhaps it's that. See the
> 'LOB restrictions' section of the manual for more restrictions.

You are totally right with your point. "Users" is set to manual segment space managment and the other tablespaces where set to automatic regarding suggestions in oracle Enterprise Manager Console.

> You ought to upgrade to 9.2 if possible.

Yeah i know and we are looking forward to do so. At the moment we are about to buy a new server and with the benefit of having two database-servers we want to migrate to 9.2 by moving tablespaces via database-links. Btw.: Is this a good idea to set up the new database-server establish a database-link and then moving the tables with some "create as select"-statements? I am not that familiar with oracle to be sure my plans are well thought.

Many thanks, now i can get this application working today. :-)

    Regards Moritz Received on Wed Oct 08 2003 - 15:21:11 CDT