Re: Creating table with BLOB

From: Andy Hassall <andy_at_andyh.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2003 20:16:09 +0100

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 18:28:17 +0200, "Moritz Klein" <mklein_at_students.uni-mainz.de> wrote:

>i just figured out a problem regarding BLOBs and i am searching to find a
>solution, but using google did not help any further. I am running Oracle 9i
>Enterprise on Suse 8.0. Creating a table in the USERS tablespace just works
>fine, but other tablespaces do not work. Here is a short example i did for
>illustrating the problem:

>Verbunden mit:
>Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.0.1.0.0 - Production
>With the Partitioning option
>JServer Release 9.0.1.0.0 - Production
>
>SQL> create table blob_a (b blob) tablespace users;
>
>Tabelle wurde angelegt.
>
>SQL> create table blob_b (b blob) tablespace yazd;
>create table blob_b (b blob) tablespace yazd
>*
>FEHLER in Zeile 1:
>ORA-03001: Funktion nicht implementiert
>
>Maybe someone can help me with this?

 Since it's the tablespace that is the differing factor here, it would help if you posted details of the two tablespaces.

 There is a restriction in 9.0 that you can't create tables with LOBs in auto segment space managed tablespaces. Perhaps it's that. See the 'LOB restrictions' section of the manual for more restrictions.

 You ought to upgrade to 9.2 if possible.

--
Andy Hassall (andy@andyh.co.uk) icq(5747695) (http://www.andyh.co.uk)
Space: disk usage analysis tool (http://www.andyhsoftware.co.uk/space)